Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) field of study providing the required knowledge and abilities, and one year of experience in the job offered or in a related position that provided the required knowledge and abilities. Must also have demonstrable experience and proficiency in the following:
- Calculation of ROI
- Smoke and regression test development
- Rally quality management software
- Automation metrics development
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. The term suitable, in this context, means substantial compatibility with stated academic level and job experience requirements and ability to perform job duties.
Job Description / Responsibilities
Use advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of, and experience with, computer systems analysis tools and technologies in performance of the following job duties:
- Develop smoke and Regression test suite.
- Analyze and automate Test Cases and User Stories.
- Prioritize tasks for the off shore team and manage their scripts.
- Confer with the business and development teams to get inputs on what part of the application can be automated and to what level of detail.
- Perform XML validations to check the data consistency using SoapUi.
- Perform daily execution of the Automated scripts (including Smoke test after each build) and weekly execution of Regression suite (depending on the release).
- Work closely with the Business team to understand how the end users would use the system and Automate the application based on that information.
- Use Rally to track the user stories, analyze test cases and create/manage defects.
- Demo the script development activity to the product managers and the rest of the team.
- Develop automation metrics for the higher management to calculate the ROI (Return on Investment).
- Train fellow colleagues on QTP (Quick Test Professional) and the framework.
May perform other duties normally associated with this occupation.