The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and health insurance portability standards.
The premium aggregation service is a financial and administrative system to allow qualified employers to receive a single monthly bill for all Qualified Health Plan (QHP) Issuers in which their employees are enrolled and to remit a single monthly amount to the FF-SHOP and then aggregate premium payments from qualified employers and distribute the payments to the appropriate QHP issuers.
Being one of the quality control partners for the project, ePATHUSA carried out various activities to ensure the same such as:
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks.
- Analyze and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation and system testing.
- Participate in product design to guarantee adherence of test coverage for meeting end user requirements.
- Record test results and report and verify software bug fixes to accept automation criteria.
- Coordinate with program and development management teams in product development lifecycle to conform end user product and quality requirements.
- Analyze performance test requirements and develop test plans and debug to understand test objective requirements.
- Handle performance testing and present results for validating and analysis to Project Teams.
- Prepare software defect tracking and report entire project release status to stakeholders.
- Establish test strategy and manual and automated test suites.
- CISDM Support/Business Requirement Service/Quality Assurance
- Small Business
- Baltimore, MD